Hey people, what’s up? Welcome to my new blog, I’m glad you’re here! My name is Maddie, and I’m 14 years old. I began my walk with Jesus exactly one year ago from today (January 1, 2016). Since then, I’ve encountered my fair share of adversity, specifically since I’m a teenage girl in this modern culture. There’s a whole lot being thrown at us in this day and age through social media, television, instant messaging, etc. We’re definitely living in a culture that wants little to do with God’s design for our lives. I’ve struggled to be in this world but not of it ever since I became a Christian, and I know many others do too. That’s why I created this blog. I want to help other Christian teenage girls connect with God’s word to discover their God- given purpose. I hope to help you make a difference in this world and be a light. I’m still learning, so I want to share my journey and encourage you on yours. I hope you stick around here to become a Wonderful Girl for God. Remember, you are His princess. Ok, now that you know what I want to do, here’s a little bit about me;
Meet the Writer: Maddie
Hey girls! I’m the writer of this blog and I’m so glad that you’re here. Few things you need to know about me:
- It took me several tries to get above picture because I had on the 10-second self timer and I couldn’t hold still for that long.
- The picture was taken on my bed because I didn’t feel like finding a cute backdrop.
- I’m one of those “New year, new me” types of people and have a weird need to line everything up perfectly, which is why I’m starting this blog on the 1st of the year.
- I love Jesus, dancing, writing, photography, reading, music, playing outside, debating things, and bugging my sister.
- I hate spiders, bugs in general, honey, tea, heights, sports, and writing with inky pens because I always smudge them.
- I’m left-handed (hence the whole pen-smudgy thing) but I’m always right.
- I love corny jokes (again, hence the previous corny joke).
I’m so excited to start writing for you. I hope you join me on this journey to discover God’s awesome purpose for us in our lives!